Sunday 7 March 2010

Shane Mosley: "I'm Going To Knock Mayweather Out"

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is aiming for the knockout. He wants to put Floyd Mayweather Jr. to sleep on May 1 in Las Vegas. The press tour is nearly complete. Mosley and Mayweather have been trading challenges for over ten years. Mayweather chased after Mosley nearly a decade ago. Mosley has been chasing after Mayweather for the last few years.

"I'm going to knock him out. I can't wait to get into the ring and dig my teeth into Mayweather. It's going to be the fight of the decade. I was waiting for a year to fight either one of these guys [Mayweather of Pacquiao]. Did they care if I was going to wait? No. But it's the fans who are going to benefit from this fight. I don't play. I give 100 percent. I'm going to give everything that I have. Mayweather knows that," Mosley told Reuters.

During the press tour, there have been insults flying from Mayweather. They nearly brawled at the New York press conference. Even with Mayweather's antics, Mosley is not bothered and says Mayweather is not getting in his head. Mosley just wants to settle things in the ring.

"I'm a mild-mannered guy. People must understand I'm a gentleman when the other person has been a gentleman as well," Mosley said. "If he wants to get feisty, that's OK. His personality is to fight before the fight. Since I'm older I understand this. He can't do the same thing he's done to other fighters because I know his tactics.

"He's not in my head, no. I've waited for this fight for too long. I'm just happy this fight is taking place," said Mosley. "He can say what he wants to say, he can do what he wants to do. It doesn't matter to me. I just want him to show up in the ring. There's nothing he can say to me that would make me mad. I just want to see him on May 1 and we can settle it with our fists."

Source: Boxingscene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment